Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Camera recommendations?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member fulfreez's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 8th, 2005
    Posts
    6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have been a digital filmmaker for some time and have cameras as well as a digital editing suite but have always wanted to get into 8mm film. I was given an M2 as I posted earlier, but I can't get it to work. The M2 also has drawbacks as far as filmmaking goes because of the lack of focus and zoom controls but it would have been a great way to start.
    I need a more serious camera to do 8mm shooting on and then I will be using the video transfers to edit with on my computer. Sound is not a concern, I have no problem recording it in post . Any recommendations for good, fairly easy to find, cameras I'll be able to pick up on ebay?

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 09, 2005 04:05 PM: Message edited by: fulfreez ]</font>

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Nigel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2000
    Posts
    1,668
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    There is no easy answer to your question...This may help. Ask yourself the following:

    What do I want the camera to do??

    What do I want to accomplish with the camera??

    These questions aren't as simple as they sound when you start to look into exactly what it is that you want. Don't just go out and buy a 20 dollar camera. It may not be the right camera for you and then you wasted the 20 bucks that you could have spent on film or beer.

    Good Luck

  3. #3
    Inactive Member fulfreez's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 8th, 2005
    Posts
    6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Being more specific, I'm looking for a camera that doesnt really need sound but must have manual focus and zoom. I' ll be shooting narrative films with it and Im mostly interested in what brands and models others have used or are using now and would say good things about.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Nigel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2000
    Posts
    1,668
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You didn't really answer the two questions....

    Good Luck

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •